Swimming advice/benefits learn how to swim using correct strokes and techniques
Swimming strokes? learning to swim? learn good technique? what are the benefits? How do you find the answers?
Simple, find all those answers and more. In my website you will find that it does not just require
skill it also requires knowledge of the sport which I will share with you.
If you are learning, improving or just need advice you can look it up.
Subjects include practices with floats, without floats, learning games, water confidence building, making your strokes
technically correct and much more. The information and advice available is step by step and illustrated.
Hello my name is Dale, I have been teaching people to swim for about 12 years in groups as well as private. I’m here to
tell you that yes you can learn to swim or teach your child if you really want to it only takes four factors.
First the time.
Go to your local pool and do the practices I show,allow about
Have some patience with your child or yourself and take
time out to have some fun as well.
Have some faith in yourself
many times when I teach especially adults criticize themselves
saying what they have achieved is not good and they should give up with the first serious hurdle.
Lastly follow my practices
read what is said, remember or print and laminate it and take to the pool with you and Follow it.
Learning is journey not a destination you will never stop learning and achieving new water skills. Never be
in too much of a hurry to learn, take your time to practice a skill until you perfect it.
It is all about being streamlined through the water using as little energy as possible to get where you are going.
Whichever stroke you are doing there are ways of doing it. Always remember that practice makes permanent. In other words
When you practice something make sure you do it correctly because if your stroke is incorrect you will always do it the
same way and find it hard to change back.
There are ways in which you should position your body, kick your legs and move your arms as well as knowing at the right
time to breathe. These factors can make all the difference between traveling with good technique or not. The amount of
people I see swimming up and down day after day with incorrect technique.
For example breastroke, I often see people
with the legs pointing the wrong way. Just a simple adjustment needed may only take a few weeks
to correct, if not a life time of wrong technique. So what I hear you say! well that person may not as well use their
legs at all. In fact what is happening is the arms are compensating for what the legs are not doing resulting in more
stress on the arms. This May cause muscle pain in the upper arm. Unfortunately these people will do this all their
lives. Until someone like me will tell them because I can’t help myself!
Don't worry if it doesn’t come natural straight away some people will take months until they start to become confident.
When it comes to teaching your child people say 'I can't, they will not listen to me'. I say to them it takes time
and most of all patients and knowledge.
The amount of parents I see trying to teach their children to swim and the way
in which they do made me finally decided to create this web site. Most parents try to hold up their child and get
them to swim with their arms and legs, then the parents lets them go. He/she
then cries and parents starts losing their incentive to carry on. The child then gets a mistrust of the parent as well as loosing
This website is giving parents have a chance, what do you have to lose?.
Lessons can be very expensive and private even more if you can get private, I have waiting lists.
When it comes to teaching your child you do not always need to do all practices. There are other ways to teach.
learning games confidence building exercises that can be as good or better. you can bring
favorite toys i.e. balls dolls and rubber animals. There are also ways of encouraging your child to put their head in the water
and blowing bubbles.
When it comes to floatation aids I would not recommend arm bands when learning to swim. They can
be more of a hindrance than a help. They give too much support to the upper arm than the middle making it almost
imposable to move their arms. Something around the middle would be best to allow the arms to move more freely.
Babies and small toddlers can also benefit from early tuition there are practices that you can follow to ensure
that when your child gets a little older he/she will not be afraid of the water. This will make easer to teach your
child later on.
So to conclude it is possible to learn to swim online if you have the time and patience. As long as you read through the
practices and carry them out look at my illustrated photographs explaining in detail so you can get it right. I give lots
tips and if you are really stuck I am happy to answer any questions you have. Good luck and enjoy yourself.
- Learn to swim and make it fun
- Learn to swim online how to make it fun for baby, toddler or kids, Swimming is for all ages for the adult to the senior adult
- Teach toddlers swimming using tips, games and confidence building exercises
- Teach your toddlers swimming using my tips, learn to swim games and confidence building exercises
- Swimming equipment and aids that you may need for getting started, a guide
- Swimming equipment and aids you may need when learning to swim
- learn swim games for your kids to play
- Learn swim games for your kids an easy way to learn how to swim, using my swimming tips it can be fun
- swimming for babies, teach your baby confidence skills that will last a lifetime
- Swimming for babies, skills and swimming aids for babies, games and swimming lessons for baby.
- The benefits of swimming
- Benefits of swimming the three s's strength,stamina and suppleness the swimming tips you need to know.
- Swimming for disabled, having confidence in the water if you are a care worker/p
- Swimming for disabled, advice and things you should know before you start
- Freestyle swimming technique how to improve your stroke to make it more efficien
- Freestyle swimming technique to improve your technique and breathing pattern, learn the technical side of swimming
- Breastroke swimming, breakdown step by step guide to the technical aspect of the
- Breastroke swimming the step by step guide to perfecting your stroke, learn the technical aspect of breastroke as well as looking at faults and corrective practices
- Swimming the butterfly, breakdown of the stroke with swimming tips and advice, l
- Swimming the butterfly tips and advice as well as breakdown of this stroke, looking at faults and corrections to
- Swimming backstroke all you need to know explained. Technical aspects of the str
- Swimming backstroke explained so that you can improve your stroke, take a look at faults, the cause and corrections
- Backstroke drills also know as practices for improving your backstroke swimming
- Backstroke drills to help you improve your backstroke technique including getting a better streamlined position
- Breastroke drills to help to improve your technique, using known practices
- Breastroke drills to help to improve your technique, known practices that help you make your stroke more efficient by breaking the stroke down separating arms from
- freestyle drills to help your improve your freestyle swimming technique, all you
- Freestyle drills to help you improve your freestyle technique using known practices along with floats/kickboards
- Butterfly drills to help you improve your stoke using flaots and known pracices
- Butterfly drills that improve your technique using known practices that work, simple to follow drills for all abilities
- basic breastroke technique, for total beginners and improvers
- basic breastroke technique for adults who want to learn to swim or improve their technique using known methods and practices
- breastroke swimming technique, for total beginners and improvers
- Breastroke swimming technique for adults who want to learn to swim or improve their technique using known methods and practices
- swimming breastroke for learners/improvers concentrating on timing and breathing
- swimming breastroke, concentrating on timing and breathing, putting it all together
- learn freestyle swimming for beginners and improvers part one of three pages
- Learn freestyle swimming step by step instructions with illustrated photographs, all you need to know starting with the leg action
- Learn freestyle swimming, the second part of three stages to get you on your way
- Freestyle swimming for beginners and improvers the second part of three pages
- Freestyle technique for beginners and improvers, part three of three pages
- Freestyle technique, learn freestyle swimming step by step instructions with illustrated photographs
- backstroke swimming for beginners and improvers, how to swim backstroke properly
- Backstroke swimming for learners and improvers, learn backstroke using know practices used by swimming instructors
- Backstroke technique for beginners and improvers, part two of a two part program
- Backstroke technique for beginners, learn backstroke using known practices used by swimming instructors part two of a two part program
- swimming tips-help for anyone who has any questions about swimming
- swimming tips-help for swimmers who have any questions about their swimming
- Teaching children swimming eBook with illustrated photos and instructions
- teaching children swimming, an eBook to teach your child or yourself to swim the illustrated guide
- Swimming tips and help contact page to ask me anything to do with my site
- Swimming tips contact page ask questions about swimming or submit your own web page about your favourite aspect of swimming
- swimming and autism a case study, effective methods to teach people with autism
- swimming and autism teaching your child or for carers, advice/ case study, learn from someone who has tried it all
- Treading water, once you can swim it is important to learn treading water
- Treading water a very simple but effective way of achieving swimming safety, giving swimming tips on how to easy achieve this skills of treading water
- Teaching children swimming eBook with illustrated photos and instructions
- teaching children swimming an eBook to teach your child or yourself to swim the illustrated guide